[APPROVED] [PROPOSAL 14] Launching the Neutron Grants Program

Totally legitimate concern. I do not think it is possible to embed in the rules of the entity that an asset of the entity can solely be sold in a particular way–there are just too many corner cases (what if a court orders the foundation company to market-sell? then it has to…)

What we can do is add language requiring the handling of assets in accordance with the foundation purposes (which will include not acting contrary to the interests of the Neutron Community, which will include NTRN holders). Can also add some more specific language using reasonable care to minimize adverse impact of NTRN sales…

2 Likes

我有一个defi的项目,想申请捐赠,请问怎么申请呢

where is the dashboard??I want to apply…

what is the price will we choose otc?

The Grants Dashboard will launch after the program begins if this proposal were to pass. We anticipate a set-up period of at least a month before all the necessary infrastructure is built out to run the program effectively

obv this would be sold OTC, I am sure the team has a large amount of connections to get a price for this. You can look at Lido/Dragonfly as a public early example of something similar.

Hey all!

We will be hosting a Twitter Space to discuss this proposal today at 5 PM UTC. Please join and feel free to ask any questions!

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vOGwMMYAdPxB

Hey all! Thanks once again for the great questions and comments on Twitter Spaces. We are aiming to get the on-chain proposal out as soon as possible.

@LanreIge what’s the latest with this? Been a while since anything was posted here :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing the proposal go on-chain once the details have been finalised

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the message. We are trying to sort out some details around the incorporation and the legal entity and finishing up getting the on-chain proposal ready. Hopefully the proposal should go on chain quite soon but apologies that it’s been slower than I would have liked.

1 Like

Not a problem, thanks for the response, was just interested to know where things were at :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! Please submit any final comments for the proposal by this Friday as we should be shortly submitting the proposal on-chain.

Thanks!

1 Like

I support this.

Well written and I like to see the grants team formed for Neutron and not contracted out to existing grant management providers. They look well qualified to me.

2 Likes

Having tried multiple times to push forward a combined approach with @LanreIge. The team at AlphaGrowth decided to move forward with our proposal.

We wish the best of luck to your team and look forward in pluralistic approach to working together upon conclusion of voting.

our onchain proposal is located here: https://governance.neutron.org/proposals/7

Hey all! We are proud to announce that the proposal is finally on-chain. Please vote here: https://governance.neutron.org/proposals/10

Thanks to everyone who voted for Proposal 10 to launch the Neutron Grants Program! The proposal passed unanimously but unfortunately due to a technical error the proposal’s message failed to execute https://governance.neutron.org/proposals/10

To explain a bit more: we missed a required field in the proposal message. The second message (base64 encoded) in the proposal is supposed to update the SubDAO list in the Main DAO by adding the Grants Program’s address; with the decoded message looking like this.

However, the Main DAO Core contract had a slightly different format for the message, which required a “to_remove” field (which lists SubDAO addresses that should be removed from the Main DAO) even if one does not remove anything from their proposal. As a result, the message should have actually looked like this.

We now have a Mainnet forking tool which allows us to test DAO proposals in a real environment but the tool was still in development when we prepared the Grants Program proposal message which was also quite complex (compared to other proposals on Neutron thus far). As a result, we will have to resubmit the proposal, which we will do shortly after we have extensively tested the proposal message and associated contracts. We apologise for the delay and are excited to launch the Neutron Grants Program.

1 Like

Hi all! Thank you for your patience. We are delighted to launch the resubmitted proposal for the Neutron Grants Program. Please vote here!
https://governance.neutron.org/proposals/14

2 Likes

Hi all!

We can confirm that Prop-14 has passed and was successfully executed. We will provide further details about the Grants Program and our operations in the coming weeks. Thank you for the support.

2 Likes

We are excited to announce that, as promised by the Proposal, the Neutron Grants Foundation is officially live and we are now sharing the bylaws for the organization which details its operations and how it remains accountable to the Neutron DAO as a DAO-adjacent entity or BORG.

Please have a read and feel free to ask any questions.

Neutron Grants Foundation Bylaws PDF

2 Likes

An updated version of the NGF’s Bylaws were adopted on 23 November 2023 and are posted at the link below:

Neutron Grants Foundation Bylaws (20231123)